What Is Black Mold?
Mold, black mold especially, is force to be reckoned with. A common misconception of cleaning mold is that bleach kills it. The help of professionals is highly recommended. SERVPRO of West Jordan's team is always wanting to help you. Don't underestimate a small amount of mold, especially near to an area you can’t see, can be just the tip of the iceberg. Only a certified mold inspector can uncover the extent of your mold issue.
SERVPRO of West Jordan offers residential and commercial mold removal services. If you begin to notice your normal allergy medicine isn’t cutting it like it used to do, it’s not a bad idea to check around for mold in your home or office.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of West Jordan / South Jordan / North Draper and SERVPRO of Holladay / Cottonwood and SERVPRO of Murray / Midvale / Cottonwood Heights immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (801) 282-6366
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of West Jordan / South Jordan / North Draper and SERVPRO of Holladay / Cottonwood and SERVPRO of Murray / Midvale / Cottonwood Heights is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- West Jordan
- South Jordan
- Cottonwood Heights
- South Salt Lake